2020 Fall Equinox Tarot Blog Hop Theme: Mills & Boon Tarot
The US is burning up! We are too hot to handle! Plus when you put two Aries wranglers together in the air sign of Libra, we just might fan those flames! If you’re starting to sweat, then you’re primed for the Fall equinox Tarot Blog Hop: Mills & Boon Tarot. For those of us in the US, perhaps you’ll recognize this better as “Harlequin Tarot.” We’re naming this hop after those utterly unrealistic, totally addictive, lost-in-love romance novels!
Our blog hop takes place on September 22, the autumnal equinox, marked by the movement of the Sun into Libra. Libra is associated with balance, equality, and partnerships. It correlates to the seventh house of the astrological chart, the house of marriage. Libra is ruled by the goddess of love, Venus, who desires to bring people together.
Our hop is wrangled by Joy and Jay, both Aries – the other end of the spectrum from Libra! Libra is air, the element of communication – and writing! Aries is fire, known for passion and desire. (What could possibly go wrong with this combination?) The result? Read on!
Our challenge today is to channel passion and desire in our writing: using tarot (or another cartomantic system) as a reference, write a scene from a romance novel! (We like it hot and heavy, but sadly it’s best if we keep it safe for work.) Thus is born the Mills & Boon Tarot, or Harlequin Romance Tarot for this side of the pond.
Don’t worry, we have some other suggestions in case that one is too far out there!
Mills & Boon Tarot (or Harlequin Romance Tarot) Topic Variations
Possible topics and themes to explore in your post:
- Discuss the symbolism of the Lovers tarot card, or contrast the Lovers image from different decks
- Keeping it reasonably tame, tell us about your favorite erotic decks
- Write a tarot-based romance: you can pull cards to guide your story (show us your process), base characters on tarot cards, or otherwise incorporate tarot into your story
- Share with us how you work with clients who land themselves in pulp-worthy relationship situations
- Develop a tarot romance spread worthy of Mills & Boon
- Write about the Justice card; Two, Three, and Four of Swords; or the Queen of Swords, all cards attributed to Libra by the Golden Dawn (or share with us which card the card you assign to Libra or believe would best fit that archetype)
- Develop/share a decadent and indulgent recipe that is certain to turn on your lover – just tie in tarot or cartomancy somehow!
- Design a tarot card that looks like a steamy romance novel cover
- Or interpret the theme “Mills & Boon Tarot” in a way that’s unique to you!
Here is the master list of our luscious and lascivious bloggers in the 2020 Fall Equinox Tarot Blog Hop:
- Morgan Drake Eckstein, Occult Garden Parties
- Joy Vernon, Tarot in Love
- Louise Underhill, Priestess Tarot
- Joy Vernon, Completely Joyous
- Jay Cassels, Sacred Healing
- Lore M, Messages from Lore
- Karen Sealey, The Pure and Blessed Way
Thanks for joining us for the Hop! If you’d like to know more about the Tarot Blog Hop, please visit us on Facebook.