Beginning Tarot Class: Letting the Cards Speak for Themselves
In the Magician’s Tools Beginning Tarot Class, you will learn to read tarot the way I did, by finding the answer in the image on the card. I teach a systematized point-by-point approach that guides you through the steps to discover clear, accurate information in the cards without consulting the book. I’ve been teaching this class for 28 years!
Beginning Tarot: Letting The Cards Speak For Themselves
- Joy Vernon, Instructor
- When: Sundays, June 19 to July 31, 2022, 12:30-2:30 p.m. PDT
- Where: Online via Zoom
- How Much: $180.
- How Long: 6-week class
The Magician’s Tools offers fun and creative interactive exercises to introduce you to the cards, while your tarot skills flourish in an environment of on-going support and community. Trust yourself and find your answers in the pictures themselves. Best of all, no memorization is needed and you can leave your tarot books at home!
This course is excellent for beginning students as it teaches a step-by-step approach to look at any image and uncover its meaning. As a result, you will be able to easily read from any illustrated deck! Most importantly, you’ll build your confidence and learn to trust your intuition.
This course provides new and original ways of finding your answers in the cards themselves. You will become better attuned with the specific symbolism of your deck. In addition, you’ll learn to develop the storyline of the spread.
Guidelines For Choosing A Tarot Deck For Class
Check out some some great decks to use for class in my post, Interesting Beginner Tarot Decks: 22 Favorites.
I bet you will be shocked to hear that I don’t allow the Rider-Waite-Smith deck in the Magician’s Tools Beginning Tarot Class! I don’t teach the specific symbolism of that deck, but instead teach you ground rules for interpreting the artwork and symbolism of any deck. So I prefer that students use a variety of decks so we can all learn from each other. However, there are guidelines for how to pick a deck for class. You can find these requirements at this post or this post.
Also, you might be interested in these other articles. Here’s one on how to pick a deck: Choose Your Perfect Tarot Deck. And here are my six favorite decks: Joy’s Favorite Decks Part 1, and Joy’s Favorite Decks Part 2.
What Joy’s Students Are Saying About The Magician’s Tools Beginning Tarot Class:
Key concepts covered include:
- Understand elements and numbers
- Learn basic symbolism
- Easiest way to read the court cards
- Learn different approaches to the storyline in the Major Arcana
- Activate your intuition by learning its underlying structure
- No memorizing card meanings!
- Class 1
- Intuition versus Instinct: Would You Could You
- Basic Symbolism: Three Symbols
- Class 2: Elements: Biosphere
- Class 3: Numbers: Story Countdown
- Class 4: Court Cards: Verbing the Court
- Class 5: Major Arcana: Day, Night, Eclipse
- Class 6: The Deck of Creation
- $50 Deposit due now to reserve your spot. Balance due the first day of class.
- Pay with PayPal or use your credit card