In honor of tax day, I would like to share my favorite ways for creating a magical mindset around money. Here are my top ten magical, mystical, marvelous methods for manifesting money:
- Reiki your checkbook! (Wallet, purse, money pouch, fanny pack, pocket, etc.) I learned this great trick from a friend of mine!
- Bless your cash.
- Pay with exact change–I learned this from an employee at Isis. She told me that if you do this, your money will come back to you.
- If you lose money, imagine how happy someone will be when they find it!
- Smile when you hand someone money!
- Tip generously and without prolonged mathematically-inspired brow-furrowing!
- Sing victory songs when you pay your bills! Epic ballads preferred. (Or at least enjoy knowing that your bills are paid!). A similar alternative is affirmations, such as “I love knowing that all my bills are paid in full on time.”
- Put nothing in your wallet but cold hard cash and a magical magnet!
- Design your online banking and credit card passwords as little magical spells to bring in more money than you spend, or at the very least, create little 8-10 character spells of balance. For instance, a banking password could be “$In>$Out”
- If you know astrology, use this simplified Empyrean Key trick: think of the planets in your 2nd house (material resources), and/or the sign on the cusp of the 2nd house. What positive image could you use to symbolize this? Think of this image often with affection and gratitude throughout the day.
And a bonus, so you always have a little bit extra:
- Follow your intuition. One morning I woke up thinking about a self-help guru that had been in the news recently but who had never held much interest for me. As I was contemplating this interesting morning revelation, I remembered that I had been given a 25-cassette set of his motivational talks. I wondered briefly if I could sell it for anything. Then I remembered an old box of books that I had also wanted to get rid of. Later that day I called my favorite used book store, and the owner invited me to bring the box of books in. When I got there, I asked if he wanted the self-help tapes and he politely turned me down, but he happily paid me $70 for the rest of the books. Then on my way home I stopped at the Post Office to pay my PO Box rental. I had been planning on paying it online, but since I had the cash and was driving right past, I stopped. I bumped into an old client I hadn’t seen in a while and she booked a session with me for the next day! So my morning meditation on the self-help guru actually ended up creating a nice sum of money for my day off!
Happy Tax Day and may you enjoy much magical manifesting!
If you’d like a tarot-based way to manifest money, check out Susan’s great technique she developed for the Denver Tarot Meetup in November, 2011: From Panic to Prosperity. Also, for a more general method for manifesting, try my A Simple Process for Manifesting with the Tarot.
Joy Vernon has been studying and teaching energetic and esoteric modalities for more than twenty years. She is the organizer of the Denver Tarot Geeks, Denver Tarot Meetup and Fort Collins Tarot Meetup, and she served on the faculty of Avalon Center for Druidic Studies. She is one of the Psychics of Isis and has been featured at SpiritWays, the Mercury Café and psychic fairs throughout the Denver Metro and Northern Colorado. She is a Certified Professional Tarot Reader and a member of the American Tarot Association. Joy also teaches Traditional Japanese Reiki and is the organizer of the Denver Traditional Reiki Meetup. For information on upcoming classes or to schedule an appointment, please visit JoyVernon.com.
© 2014 by Joy Vernon. All rights reserved.