Estimated Reading Time: 2 minute
2018 Summer Blog Hop Master List — Theme: Don’t Fence Me In
Another musical blog hop!
June 21 marks the summer solstice, or the beginning of the sun’s transit through the sign of Cancer. The Major Arcana card associated with Cancer is The Chariot. The qabalistic correspondence for that card is cheth, fence. Thus was born the topic, Don’t Fence Me In. The cowboy-style sound to the song has a free-ranging, long-evenings-and-slow-sunsets, staying-up-late-under-the-stars feel to it, perfect for the first day of summer and the longest day of the year. But you can take the topic any direction you like. Just tie it in to tarot!
Some brainstorming ideas for you:
- What cards make you feel fenced in versus free?
- Which tarot character would sing this song for karaoke night?
- What cards tell the story in the song?
- Tell us about your favorite summer outdoor activity and what cards you would use to describe it
- Share your favorite cowboy songs and the cards that might match them
- Share your favorite cowboy camping-under-the-stars recipes with cards
- Design a tarot spread for wandering the wide open country
- Make a video of you performing the song
- Satirize the lyrics
- Make a video of you performing the song with your satirized lyrics
- Totally let the topic go over your head and write about the sport of Épée fencing and the tarot suit of Swords
- Do you have any odd personal stories about this song? Tell it in tarot cards! (Seriously, I danced to this song in my first dance recital when I was 8! White satin with red flouncy fringe and a red cowboy hat! I still remember the steps!)
- Track the esoteric symbolism that ties this song into the summer solstice via tarot, astrology, and qabalah 😉
- Feel totally unfenced! You’re free to ride off into whatever open lands this topic spurs in you, just take your tarot cards along!
Following is the master list of everyone who cowboyed up to participate in the 2018 Summer Tarot Blog Hop.
- Karen Sealey of Pure and Blessed Tarot
- Asali of Asali Earthwork
- Sharron Basanti of Seeds of Shakti
- Deirdre Doran of The Willow Path Tarot
- Jay Cassels of Sacred Healing
- Arwen Lynch of Tarot by Arwen
- Joy Vernon of Completely Joyous
- Boglarka Kiss of Vadrózsa Tarot
- Jenn Waltner of Phoenix & Lotus
- Joanne Sprott of Cosmic Whispers Tarot
- Jay Cassels of Jay Cassels
- Aisling the Bard of Tarot Witchery
- Raine Clara Shakti of Tarot of Change
- Morgan Drake Eckstein of Gleamings from the Golden Dawn
Joy Vernon is widely recognized by tarot professionals as an expert tarot teacher and respected community leader. With over twenty years’ experience teaching energetic and esoteric modalities, Joy brings expertise and practiced familiarity to her specialty of esoteric tarot, which layers astrological and qabalistic symbolism onto the traditional tarot structure. Under her leadership, the Denver Tarot Meetup has grown into one of the largest and most active tarot-specific meetups in the world. Joy works as a tarot reader, astrologer, and teacher at Isis Books. To learn more, please visit JoyVernon.com.