Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes
Today is our fifth Reiki Blog Hop! The theme is “Letting Go.”
I was talking with a Reiki colleague the other day and we got on to the topic of the sometimes difficult transition from one tradition to another. I mentioned that I had been talking to a student and was surprised and a little disappointed to learn that she had recommended a practice to some new Reiki people that was not something I taught, in fact was something I specifically stressed in class was not part of traditional Reiki. The colleague said to me, “She had Reiki training before you, right?” I replied that was true. He said, “She hasn’t let go of her old training.” From there, the conversation veered into us discussing things we had to let go of as we advanced our Reiki training, learned different lineages, and worked with different teachers.
For the November 15, 2016 Reiki Blog Hop I would like to propose the topic “Letting Go.” This can include such possibilities as:
- Letting go of philosophies or techniques as you developed your practice through the levels, changed teachers, or learned different styles/lineages
- How you work with your students to help them let go of previous teachings that don’t fit the style you teach
- Letting go of anger and worry etc. through the precepts
- Something you’ve had to let go of in order to incorporate Reiki into your life or make time to practice
- Or let go of these suggestions and let the theme guide you to your unique perspective
I’m looking forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts!
Here is the list of participants:
- Joy Vernon of Completely Joyous
- Aaron Lozano of Turtle Heart Tarot
- Jay Cassels of Metaphysical Angels
- Karen Sealey of Pure and Blessed Tarot
Thank you to everyone who is joining us! The Reiki Blog Hop happens once every two months–our next hop will be January 15, 2017. For more info, or if you’d like to be a part of it, please check us out on Facebook.
Joy Vernon has been studying energetic and esoteric modalities for more than twenty years and has been practicing Reiki since 2003. She is a Reiki Practitioner and Teacher in the traditional Japanese Usui Reiki Ryôhô lineage through the International House of Reiki, first learning this lineage in 2008 and later studying under the IHR Founder Frans Stiene in 2015. She is also a certified Komyo Reiki Shihan (Teacher) and studied under Komyo Reiki Kai Founder Hyakuten Inamoto in 2011 and 2013. She leads the Denver Traditional Reiki Meetup and is a member of Shibumi International Reiki Association and the Healing Touch Professional Association. Joy is also a Certified Professional Tarot Reader. For more information, please see her website.
© 2016 by Joy Vernon. All rights reserved.